Online safety for primary schools.
Cyber Tiger is the face of a whole school programme for primary schools which aims to provide an integrated and progressive online safety curriculum which is inclusive of all stakeholders including primary teachers, support staff, parents, the wider school community and of course, pupils.
Online Safety is one of the major factors affecting our primary pupils today. As ‘Digital Natives’, our young primary pupils are spending an increasing amount of time engaging with online technologies. Primary schools play a crucial role in educating children on the responsible use of technology, raising awareness of risks and how to report any unwanted behaviour or content. It is also vital that all stakeholders are aware of these issues.
Online safety, in all cases, in schools and elsewhere, remains a paramount concern. Schools play a crucial role in raising awareness of the risks, highlighting the impact of behaviour when engaging with online technologies and educating children and young people about how to act appropriately and stay safe.
(DENI Circular 2016/27, Online Safety, December 2016)
This programme for primary schools is also mapped as part of a new digital literacy and online safety skills overview with progression to our post-primary initiative – Cyber Citizen.
By registering and embarking on the Cyber Tiger programme, schools will gain access to:
- A variety of educational, support and reinforcement materials to promote the initiative
- Termly resources across all Key Stages which will include lesson plans and resources
- Access to the Cyber Tiger micro-site with links to information and resources for pupils, teachers and parents
- We’ll design a unique to school Cyber Tiger mascot image to match your school colours & branding.
Get Cyber Tiger in your school colours & branding
Expand Cyber Tiger.
iTeach will also be able to provide on request and at a cost:
- Parent/Community Online Safety information evenings – The Connected World
- Primary 6/7 joint Parent/Pupil Online Safety workshops
- Pupil workshop session
- Guidance on the completion of 360 Safe Online review tool towards E-Safety Mark
* Subject to availability in your region
Get access to lots of great resources and keep up to date with news & events.