Training is at the very heart of everything we do. To make the iPad a success, staff need CPD. That starts with the device itself, then moving by example through the apps, workflow and pedagogy. Our training is delivered by experienced staff, mainly ex teachers and they aim to get staff proficient in iPad use and really start to ‘Think Different’ in order to make a real, meaningful impact on teaching and learning.
Our training consists of ‘on demand’ training according to the school needs – but the biggest impact comes from a sustained program of training. Short bursts of training with real, meaningful take-aways across the academic year. This allows you to plan within the calendar and build the program into the School Development Plan. Every school starts with our core aims and objectives and we plan training according to the unique needs of each school.
To start, some of most popular courses are:
- Introduction to iPad in the classroom – this is carried out at school with the teaching staff either on a weekend, post school or teachers training day and is three hours total in duration, split over three 1 hour sessions so you get the most out of the training. It contains everything every level of staff would need to know to use the iPad effectively as both a preparation, planning and teaching tool and includes lesson ideas and interactive tasks
- iWork – covering the main office type suite of Pages. Keynote and Numbers.
- iMovie – movie making hands on session for use in the classroom
- Explain Everything – our most popular app
- iPad for Numeracy / iPad for Literacy
- Mac training – helping PC users understand and use the Apple Mac
- iPad MDM with meraki – for ICT technicians
Training is carried out in three main ways:
Twilight – single or two hour slots after school in directed or staff time
Inset - Half or full day sessions (3 or 6 hour) in school development days
Rolling - combination of the above to provide a sustained program of training with fixed objectives and outcomes.
We’ve trained thousands of teachers across hundreds of schools, so lets have a chat and see
You can call us anytime and discuss your needs as a school.We will structure what is right for you, your school and your staff on an individual basis. We will be happy to help. And if you would like references or reviews from schools we have worked with, just drop us an email.
iTeach provides one hour of support and training at no cost, and with no obligation to all schools within Northern Ireland. This includes our introduction to iPad session, SMT planning meeting, technical sessions or one hour of initial training. There is never any obligation to use any other services beyond this, nor are there any costs at all associated with the initial period.
Our courses the follow a simple pricing structure:
- 3 hour courses / Half Day Inset – £295
- 6 Hour / Full day inset – £495
- Modular courses (typically 2 hour) – £195
Our courses are not generic but tailored to your schools needs and the level of teacher knowledge. All include exemplars and hands on tasks to maximise the effectiveness of any training. In addition we will work with your school to build a sustained and focused ongoing Professional Development program.
Do bear in mind that we offer some courses for free – contact us to see if you meet the criteria.
This price is per course , not per teacher and up to 40 teachers can attend each course.
Contact us on 02890 020375 to book or log in to access your calendar
Outside of Northern Ireland?
No problem, we can facilitate your school or institution no matter where you are in the world with on line teacher training at a time that suits you, via GoToWebinar and Skype Meeting.