Sometimes the issue with iPad is that ‘you don’t know what you don’t know’. So, we’ve put together a great training program for nursery schools by discussing the needs of local nursery’s with principals and staff, and ensuring that every step of the way training is tailored for the needs of your school and its children. Starting with the basics, we cover observation/objectives, pupil activities, portfolio’s and evidence.
Session 1- iPad basics and observation – (90 minutes)
- Starting at the basics, with heavy emphasis on the use of the camera for observation including organising photos, slideshows and text
- Using the digital camera with iPad, printing options
- Book Creator showing examples of instruction books teachers/pupils have created
- Using Trilby Book Club for one book share per class with parents Per term
- Organising the iPad in line with monthly plans
- Introduce two ‘core apps’ with real and meaningful activities
Session 2- Showcasing & App work – (60 minutes)
- Apps to showcase children’s work and create photo montages, wall displays and evidence
- App categories( Creative, Jigsaws, Maths, Talking & Listening, Topic)
- Introduction to iMovie to show how to showcase Xmas plays or dress up for Halloween etc.and create animated slide shows
Session 3- Observation through ThreeRing or 2Simple (90 minutes)
- Using observation tools for fast and easy access and organisation of photo video and audio observation material
- Assessment documents through Pages.
- Creating great end of year portfolios for parents – ditch those CD’s!
It’s comprehensive, and cost effective at £495 for the entire program.
To get started, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get you booked into the diary.