Sharing files from Dropbox
Dropbox is a really really handy way to share files:
- Email a link to a file to anyone – no more big attachments
- assign tasks, assignments and reading material in one email
- Allow download of resources from one single point
Using it is simple – we’ll assume you have Dropbox installed.
Find the file you want to share and tap it in the left hand pane.
Tap the little chain/link icon in the top right of the screen
From here we can:
- Email link – this opens you mail app, inserts the link and all you need to do is type the recipient name
- Copy link to clipboard – this will let you use the link in other applications – maybe a replied email, a Pages document etc
- Copy image to clipboard – if the file is an image file , this will copy it right to the clipboard so you can just paste it into any other app
A link looks like this – http://db.tt/i8Ojpxg0 (go ahead and tap that link to see how it shows in your web browser)
Remember – files get downloaded from Dropbox, so sharing this way has no impact on your bandwidth or if your iPad/PC is on or off!