The iPad brings a new way lesson delivery and engagement with pupils. Its a cost effective tool which has a zero learning curve and allows a teacher to out of the box plan and deliver lessons with amazing resources across all subject areas. Use it around the classroom as a way to present in place of a whiteboard, use it with individual pupils or for group work for exciting and interactive learning. Or use it to its true potential – as a 1:1 learning device with every pupil in the room.
The iPad is a superb learning tool especially in relation to critical thinking, problem solving, decision-making, research and information fluency. But its more than that. It stimulates creativity; it encourages learning and it enables great challenge centered lessons.
Its instant on facility means no IT headaches and no waiting time for computers to start. It just, well, works.
Its the perfect teaching and learning tool – designed to be easily used, projected on screen and capable of everything a laptop would do from lesson planning to involving activities, content consumption and creativity.
- Instant on – reliable tech
- Whole class engagement
- Limitless resources – with milions of apps available covering every subject area
- Great for admin – department documents, email and calendars
- Presentation delivery – easily write presentations and deliver them directly to your projector
- Whole class display -All the features of an interactive whiteboard and a million more
- Mobility – don’t be restricted to a front of class board
- Camera and Video capable
- Assist with differentiated learning
- Lesson planning and resource management -all integrated and easy to use
- Great training to support teaching and learning
- Homework and task assignment
- More cost effective than any alternate solution
- Access to research resources
- Powerful tools for task and content creation
- Stimulates and encourages learning
- Interactive – students are ‘in’ the lesson
- Incredible creative media tools
- Student response ability
- Incredible pupil involvment in lessons
- Tactile learning
- Incorporates ICT seamlessly into lesson tasks
- Creates awareness for ‘real world’ information solutions
But its more than that – for us, the iPad is the first tool that truly enables 1:1 learning – a model where every pupil and every teacher has their own personal learning device. It becomes a transparent, intrinsic part of the lesson. A tool to be used on demand vs the old style of ICT room booking.
The iPad is not the future. Its the now.