Working with so many schools and staff each and everyday, we are privileged to witness and be part amazing journeys in learning and teaching. These relationships are special to us and we do not take them for granted. In light of this, we wanted to provide recognition for our schools and teachers.
iTeach School Awards
- Partner School – for those schools who have started their iPad journey and have begun to develop and integrate the device into some aspects of learning and teaching. In general terms, this award would suit schools after being in a programme for 6 months.
- Beacon School – for those schools who have gone beyond the Partner award, making sustained and evidenced progress in a specific whole school area. In a Primary setting, this may be, for example, in an aspect of literacy or numeracy, while in Post Primary, this could be in leadership and management or within individual departments. These are schools who have not yet reached whole school transformation. In general terms, this award would suit schools after entering their second year of sustained development and training.
- Champion School – for those who have made sustained, significant and evidenced whole school change. The school will demonstrate exemplary leadership with a realised shared vision between all staff, pupils and parents, and will also impact the lives of the wider community. Outstanding learning and teaching across the school will showcased in a global public forum via iTunes U public.* Finally, the school should be working towards a E-Safety accreditation mark.
N.B. All Champion Schools should be working towards a 1:1 pupil deployment. ( either class, year group, KS or whole school)
As a prerequisite for each of the above, the school will
- have a clear ‘vision and plan’ which has been established and agreed
- be able to evidence a sustained CPD programme.
It will be the responsibility of the school to provide sufficient proof for each award. Details can be found on the Awards Framework and Evidence Requirements sheets
iTeach Teacher Awards
- Bronze Award – for teachers who are using the iPad for lesson planning, teaching and assessment in some areas of the curriculum/subject, being able to evidence some impact the iPad has had on both their teaching and that of the learning of their pupils.
- Silver Award – for teachers who are using the iPad for lesson planning, teaching and assessment in all areas of the curriculum/subjects, being able to evidence the impact the iPad has on both their teaching and the learning of their pupils, using statistics , reflective professional appraisal and ‘pupil voice’. The teacher will also be actively leading, mentoring and showcasing best practice to a group of teachers in the use of the iPad in their school.
- Gold Award – for teachers who are not only advocates and ambassadors for the use of the iPad in all areas of learning and teaching (as evidenced by the Silver Award), but who also have undertaken a significant leadership role and made a sustained contribution to the growth and development of its use throughout their entire school, including staff training. The teacher will also be able to demonstrate their use of the iPad in learning and teaching beyond the classroom to a global community.
N.B. All Gold Award teachers must have taught have taught in a class with pupils who have access to iPads.
As a requirement for each of the above, the teacher will be expected to provide:
- lesson plans, teaching resources and any relevant evidence relating to the impact on pupil’s learning
For the Silver and Gold awards, a reference must be obtained from the school’s Principal both supporting and verifying your role is required. This should be emailed directly by the Principal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the Gold Award, the teacher must also showcase learning and teaching resources, either for staff, students or parents, via a school iTunes U public site.* This requirement will require the school’s permission
Applications are open twice per year:
December 18th (15)
All awards are officially announced, awards made and recognition given on the stage at iLearn 2017/2018
Successful schools and teachers will be allowed to use the relevant iTeach awards logos on letterheads/footers, emails and on the school website (where applicable). Also, all successful schools and teachers will be given a special certificate to mark their achievement. You will be enrolled into our Sharing Great Practice team, have access to events and resources plus our internal training plus the option to come and join us on our iTeach ‘retreat and learn’ days. Finally, we will recognise you officially with our ‘iBadge’ Digital Badge system – allowing you to gather, and show your achievements digitally.
For a Champion School, we will also create a short video to publicise your journey and success and award a unique plaque to the school to recognise the achievement along with some great PR for the school in the local media.
This iTunes U course contains all relevant needed in order to make your application. Refer to the applicable Posts for more information on each reward and review carefully before making your decision. If help or guidance is required, please do not hesitate to make contact via email@example.com
The link to the iTunes U course is https://itunesu.itunes.apple.com/enroll/DYS-PYZ-PJB
*for further support on iTunes U Public, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org